Traditional bikes are big in size and take a lot of space when parked. Traditional bikes are bad options for those who are prefer taking their bikes in trains, cars, buses or to office. This is where the folding bikes get a head start and are preferred by a lot of people as the best way to commute in your city. Folding bicycles are light in weight, slim in body, and require a very little space for the storage purpose. You can take folding bikes with you anywhere in your car, public buses and trains or even in your office. You can keep folding bikes by the side of your desk or under your desk for the security reasons. Folding bikes are very popular among many people for their attractive features. A folding bike must undergo some phenomenal test to prove its simplicity and durability. Some of its key testing points are mentioned below.
- Sturdy: A folding bike must be tested under tough conditions to evaluate its sturdiness. A folding bike frame can be folded into many small pieces and locks are also provided to keep it sturdy when unfolded. A folding bike must provide a safe and sturdy ride to its rider.
- Comfortable: Comfort should be another option which a rider should consider at first other than its portability. All the shockers and springs of the bikes must be working efficiently at providing a comfortable ride in rough roads also.
- Breaks: Folding bikes must be equipped with proper breaks. Climbing a hill with the help of folding bike can be fun but coming down from the top of the hill with increased speed and tight turns could result in an accident. An effective breaking system must be installed in your bike to provide safety in all road conditions.
- Portable: The most popular feature of a folding bike is its portability. Every folding bike is designed in such a way that it can be taken anywhere with ease whether it’s a city bus, train or even airplane. Those who love adventurous cycling can take folding bikes with them to some other countries for hill riding or thrill riding.
- Heavy duty frame: Folding bikes frames are usually made of Aluminum. Aluminum is light in weight and provides extra toughness and strength to your bike when it comes to cycling on rough and uneven roads. Many folding bikes use steel frame which is also harder but is heavy than Aluminum.